Practical Guide: Setting Up Your Ideal Eating Window

Course Summary

The lesson emphasizes the importance of “time-restricted eating,” which involves consuming all your daily food within a specific window of time each day. Key points include:

  • Importance of Digestion: Avoid eating 2-4 hours before bedtime to allow your body to digest food properly, ensuring better sleep.
  • Starting with Time-Restricted Eating: Beginners can start with a 12-hour window, like 7 A.M. to 7 P.M., ensuring all caloric intake happens within this period.
  • Benefits of an 8-Hour Window: The speaker personally prefers an 11 A.M. to 7 P.M. window, giving the body 16 hours to process and digest food.
  • Adjustments for Older Individuals: Those aged 45 and above may need to adjust their eating window to support their changing hormones, possibly eating earlier in the day and finishing by mid-afternoon.
  • Flexibility and the 80/20 Rule: While it’s beneficial to stick to the eating window most of the time, there’s flexibility, especially on weekends, following the principle that if you’re consistent 80% of the time, there’s room for variation in the remaining 20%.
  • Goal of Time-Restricted Eating: The primary aim is to optimize digestion, support hormonal balance, and ultimately aid in weight loss and overall health.

Key Takeaway

By consuming all daily food within a specific window of time and allowing the body ample hours to digest, individuals can optimize digestion, support hormonal balance, improve sleep, and enhance weight loss and overall health. 

Adjustments to the eating window might be necessary based on age and individual needs, but consistency is crucial for the best results.


Choose an 8 hour eating window that works best for you and try it!  If you are not ready for this yet, try it in the future when you are ready.  Only you know what’s best for you!


Choosing a window that works with your body’s natural circadian rhythm is best but choose a window that works for you to start.